Easy as 1-2-3
- Print off the Family Kindness Scavenger Hunt: 19' Pay it Forward Scavenger Hunt
- Complete The Check List - view the ideas tab for help
- Turn in your completed list to Nibley City Hall by May 1st for a treat from Great Harvest Bread! *One list per family please
BONUS: Join the pay it forward week event on FACEBOOK to enter those giveaways!
If you are getting impatient waiting for a random opportunity to brighten a day here are some ideas to inspire you:
Make it anonymous and leave a pay it forward page or card. OR when they say "thank you" just say: "don't thank me just pay it forward." OR when they say that was nice how can I re-pay you? just say: "Pay it forward"
Inspirational PAY IT FORWAD Video Links
20TH Birthday in Britain
Mowing it Forward
Ideas for Parents and families:
- Bake bread and doorbell ditch it
- Take someone dinner
- Help someone at the grocery store
- Give someone flowers and thank you’s
- Call a neighbor just to talk and see how they are doing
- Pay for someone’s meal (at a restaurant) Hand the cashier a Pay it Forward card to give to them.
- Buy someone groceries
- Shovel sidewalks (especially near bus stops so kids won’t freeze)
- Give someone a ride to/from school
- Offer to drive carpool
- Give someone a heart attack. (Do it with the snowmen from “Frozen Fever” to change things up a bit)
- Call someone to say I LOVE YOU!
- Write thank you letters to important people in your life
- Create a collage of smiling faces as a hello. (This could be done with a class or youth group. Take a picture of everyone smiling and have them all sign their picture with a special note. Put all these pictures on a poster or in a book and give them to your teacher. Could be done in a family as well.)
- Visit a nursing home
- Spread the cheer to another community and encourage them to “Pay it Forward!”
Ideas for older kids and teenagers:
- Shovel driveways
- Babysit for free
- Do any kind of yard work for a neighbor
- Deliver a date night package (movie tickets/dinner gift cards/games & redbox/etc.) with yourself as the babysitter
- Walk or wash someone’s dogs
- Call someone to tell them how much they mean to you, or to give a simple thank you
- Go play a game or chat with someone who might be lonely
- Take out the garbage for someone
- Help calm/entertain children in public places (grocery store, church, city park)
- Walk home with someone after school or from the bus stop
- Give someone a ride to/from school
- Leave a nice note on someone’s car, door, etc. Don’t forget to include a “pay it forward” card
- Mail someone a nice letter
- Write a thank you to a teacher in your life
- Tutor a neighbor or sibling in a subject they struggle in
- Go caroling with your friends
- Door bell ditch some treats
- Offer to teach someone a skill
Ideas for younger Kids:
- Color someone a picture and deliver or mail it to them
- Write someone a letter or note
- Share toys with your friends
- Help your parents make someone a treat
- Give someone a hug
- Go visit someone you think needs it
- Say thank you to your teacher
- Be nice to your siblings and friends
- Help your mom in the kitchen
- Help your siblings with their homework
- Play with someone who looks lonely
- Loan a toy or give one away
Websites with even MORE Ideas:
The following schools will have a Pay it Forward Focus week with random acts of kindness occuring every day!:
How often can I play this? You can play the PAY IT FORWARD game as many times as you want! WARNING this may form an addictive habit of kindness and you will be surprised at what this game will do for you. *ONE LIST PER FAMILY: for Great Harvest Bread Prize
Is this only happening in Nibley? We would love for all our wonderful Nibley citizens to share their kindness and or be the recipient of an act of service, however, please don't limit this to city limits. Share the joy with family, freinds, or random people no matter where they live! *Completed scavenger hunt prizes may be limited to Nibley Residents based on availability.
I really want to do this but I feel awkward reaching out to strangers where do I start? Start with a random act of kindness for a family member, do something anonymous for a neighbor or freind. The more you PAY IT FORWARD the easier it gets.
So someone did something really nice for me and I have this PAY IT FORWARD page/card. Do I have to put something in my front window or front door? You are not required by law to post the PAY IT FORWARD sign it just helps others to identify where they can share the joy.
I don't live in Nibley can I play PAY IT FORWARD? absolutley join the fun and share the joy.
How long do I have to PAY IT FORWARD? the focus week ends April 26th completed scavenger hunt lists will be accepted @ city hall until May 1st. However, feel free to continue the PAY IT FORWARD campaign as long as you want.